Friday 26 January 2018

Billy madison sloppy joes

Ok I feel like I just got out of one of those we loved the 80’s and 90’s TV shows. Lunch Lady: Have some more sloppy joes. I was trying to find it so bear with me for the first seconds or so. And there’s no need to go back to school for a lunch lady scooping of the joe. We got the recipe right here.


Billy Madison would love our sloppy joes.

Try switching the ground beef for turkey or bison next! Yes, it was a stupid movie but the lunch lady knew what she was doing, and so do we! If you haven’t seen then don’t waste your time! I made ’em extra sloppy for yous.


I know how yous kids like ’em sloppy. But this sloppy Joe recipe makes me smile for a completely different reason. Sloppy joes , slop- sloppy - joes ! It is just the right amount of sloppy (sauce-y, thick, and full of flavor), and something the whole family loves.


It’s not at all surprising that Joe.

These healthy sloppy joes are a minute meal that mom can feel good about serving to picky eaters. That scene where they’re in the school cafeteria and the creepy lunch lady. What’s so special about these Instant Pot sloppy joes ? Old fashioned comfort food at its best!


If you can remember, right before Billy passes the third grade (oh what a glorious day-ee-ayy) him and his friends get served “extra sloppy ” joes by the crazy cafeteria lady. I MADE ‘EM EXTRAAA SLOPPY FOR YOUS! Such a great scene in such a great movie.


Wacky Lunchlady: Have some more sloppy joes. Not only do they laugh when I quote this movie, but daayum, do they make a great sloppy joe ! My school cafeteria never served up yumminess like this! Obviously, with my own family’s love of quesadillas and sloppy joes , this recipe needed to happen. If you aren’t familiar with Sarah yet, she has her own fantastic blog HERE.


A sloppy joe is a sandwich consisting of ground beef or pork, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and other seasonings, served on a hamburger bun. The dish originated in the United States during the early 20th century. There are some meals that just make you think of your childhood.


Gosh, I love the Olsen twins. After seeing Sir Kensington’s at Whole Foods, I was hooked. Their adorable artisanal packaging and non-GMO labeling.

In fact, I quote far too many movies than one person should. Anyway, one of my favorite scenes from this movie is when Billy is in the cafeteria with a few of his 3rd grade classmates. The special for the day was “ sloppy joes ”. The flavors of these sloppy joes definitely remind me of chili, which makes sense since you will need mostly the same ingredients to make these!


Most traditional sloppy joe recipes include lots of ketchup and even brown sugar in the sauce recipe. This Tex Mex version uses just plain tomato sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts